Thursday, November 3, 2016

Gambia: JUST TO BE CLEAR ON DR TOURAY

When I had an interview with West Africa Democracy Radio a day after the Convention, I was asked for my take on Independent Candidate Dr Touray's absence at the convention. I registered my obvious disappointment BUT maintained that efforts should be made to get her onboard. I was optimistic, positive. This however, was before her press conference.

I would like to believe that I'm a democrat, and I respect the right to disagree. My position on Isatou Touray and her campaign was not that she disagreed or wanted to pull out of the GOFER agreement. My serious disappointment was her venture to not only poke holes but assault on the process and the people involved, that could ruin it for all. Was I harsh, YES. Could I have articulated better without certain choice words? Absolutely.

Now my motivation was nothing personal for me. And I'm very much convinced that our mission and task at hand is for Gambia. I am counting on folks who matter, with their voice and influence to not rest but seek to bring Isatou Touray and Mama Kandeh aboard. And something is telling me that all is not lost.

WE CANNOT do this successfully without ALL coming together. Both Isatou and Kandeh are essential in this. Thus our disappointments. I look forward to an absolute agreement before nominations begin.

Pata PJ

November 3, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment